In line with our National Code of Corporate Governance, Safyr Capital is continuously reviewing its Corporate Governance policies with a view to adopt the best international practices.
Proper corporate governance is made possible primarily through:
- The composition of the Board of Directors with a majority of independent and non-executive members in order to safeguard objectivity and efficiency and reduce conflicts of interest
- The creation of Board Committees responsible for setting the operational and control guidelines
- The designation of senior executives and heads of departments with expansive financial and technical expertise and high ethical standards in order to oversee day-to-day management of the operations
The enactment of policies and procedures that ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, effective controls, and business continuity.
Safyr Capital's governance framework relies on several pillars, including:
1. Corporate Discipline:
It is mandatory that all employees abide by the Investment bank’s Code of Conduct and accomplish their duties ethically and professionally.
2. Accountability and Meritocracy:
The employees are accountable not only for their work but also for the way they accomplish it. Working ethically is a priority for the Board of Directors. In a view to adhere to a culture of trust with all our stakeholders.
3. Compliance and Controls:
Safyr Capital is fully committed to meeting the requirements of the local laws, regulations, and international standards; therefore, it continues to refine its governance practices through enhancing the organizational performance, developing a robust system of risk management, and maintaining a sound internal control system. This strategy aligns the structural functions with the culture to constantly support the Company in meeting its goals.
4. Disclosure and Transparency:
Safyr Capital has a duty to publish its financial statements in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) to ensure accuracy of reporting. Additionally, the Company will disclose any material information, whether financial or non-financial, in line with applicable rules and regulations.
5. Social Responsibility and Sustainability
The Company has a duty of care toward the community. That is why we insist on a value-driven management balanced around its economic, environmental, and social goals.